[Simh] Older Source Archives?

David Holland david.w.holland at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 20:16:07 EDT 2004

Thanks, but I don't think it'll be necessary.  (for me at least - I
can see a use for it, for others)

I've not had a chance to build, and try all the permutations of SIMH,
but I'll go ahead and post my test case.. (Warning Its shoddy code,
but I don't really pretend to be a VMS programmer)   Its small, feel
free to yell at me. :-)

The synopsis is, if the buffer length passed to a IO$_READVBLK is not
a even number, it bomb's w a Invalid Buffer Length error.

However, under SIMH (and ts10 - Which I believe uses SIMH's code) the
program promptly exit's w/ the Invalid Buffer Length error.     On
real hardware, (and on charon-vax), it loops through like I'd expect,
and eventually hits EOF.

This 'bug' apparently keeps WASD from executing properly under SIMH w/
VMS 7.3  Actually, WASD will work, sorta, if all the files its trying
to serve up are of a even number of bytes long.

Anyone have a spare clue they'd care to pass me?  Or at least some
suggested places to continue looking?

Thank,

David