[Simh] Older Source Archives?

Kevin Brunt k.brunt at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Sep 17 12:38:36 EDT 2004

I have these ZIP files....

simhv293.zip   simhv31-0.zip  simhv32-2.zip
simhv295.zip   simhv32-0.zip  simhv32-3.zip

I've encountered serious problems with the 3.2-2 PDP-11 emulator
compiled with GCC 2.95.3 on a Solaris 9 box. The compilation is
successful, but starting the emulating machine not only causes SIMH to
dump core, but also tends to collapse the telnet session!

This is probably a compiler bug (or possibly a change in
language interpretation) - NFS mounting the source tree to a Solaris 8
machine and doing the build against GCC 3.3 works successfully.

I don't know whether this is relevant at all, but it is something that
'broke' in a recent SIMH version, so might just possibly be connected...

Kevin