[Simh] teco macros for teco=emacs?

David B Sneddon dbsneddon at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 30 06:09:45 EDT 2004

Ron Hudson was overheard to say:
> This message really needs to go to the "rsts mailing group" but I
> haven't found such
> a group yet... :^)  so I am calling again on the Teco wizards in the two
> groups mentioned
> above.
>
> Emacs was originally a bunch of teco macros right?
>
> teco/vt is a bunch of teco macros.....
>
> Could one setup
>
> teco/em ? a bunch of teco macros that emulate some simple useful subset
> of emacs?

Long time since I've used Teco on RSTS (I now use it on VMS) but from
memory the /VT just tells it to invoke VTEDIT.TEC.  If you have an
Emacs Teco macro then if you replace the VTEDIT macro with yours this
should invoke your macro rather than VTEDIT, unless you also use
VTEDIT in which case you would have to edit the TECO.TEC macro to
look for /EM and invoke your macro.

Regards,
Dave.
David B Sneddon (dbs)    VMS Systems Programmer     dbsneddon at bigpond.com
Sneddo's quick guide ...          http://www.users.bigpond.com/dbsneddon/
DBS freeware at ...   http://www.users.bigpond.com/dbsneddon/software.htm
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" Lennon