[Simh] SimH vax.exe cpu usage on Windows.

Bishop, Lewis lewis.bishop at eds.com
Mon May 17 18:20:35 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have OpemVMS 7.3 running under SimH v2.10-3 under Windows 2000 with the
networking option using WinPCap and a 2nd NIC. I'm really happy with the
fact that i can get VMS running on a windows machine (after not using it for
6 years or so) but i'm a bit concerned to see the cpu usage by vax.exe
sitting at max (as much as it can get) and taking complete system cpu to
100%.

Although system performance is not 'hammered' by this (it releases resource
when requested) the system performance has suffered slightly. I have tested
the latest distribution (v3.2) but it is the same - does anyone know if
there is a way to limit the CPU usage for vax.exe?

Thanks,

Lewis Bishop.