[Simh] V3.10 VAX causes blue screen

aceyem at cox.net aceyem at cox.net
Fri Jan 23 04:02:43 EST 2004

  Thanks for all the suggestions Mark.
I updated the 3com driver from a 5 year old driver to the latest driver which was only 4 years old.  Also I checked WINPCAP to make sure it was the latest release.  Finally I started up both the 3.10 and the 3.02 versions of SIMH-VAX and checked the configurations.  Alas when I entered
SHOW XQ ETH
I discovered the problem.  The 3.10 version lists the network devices in reverse order.  My configuration file was attaching XQ to the NdisWAN device instead of the 3Com Network Interface.
>From now on I'll have to make sure I'm attaching to a real NIC and not a VDD.  Thanks again for all the help and great job on the VAX emulator!!!!  I have a VAXCluster containing
A 4300, 3100/30 and 3 SIMHs, it's impossible to tell the real VAXen from the simulated ones at the software level.

Anthony McCracken
aceyem at cox.net