[Simh] Simh networking on FreeBSD 5.x-Current

Mark Pizzolato mark at infocomm.com
Fri Jan 9 12:56:20 EST 2004

Hi Bill,

I tested and tweaked the networking on several
Unix/Linux environments and for each I followed this
recipie:

mkdir {someworkingdirectory}
cd {someworkingdirectory)
wget
http://www.tcpdump.org/release/libpcap-0.7.2.tar-gz
gzip -dc libpcap-0.7.2.tar.gz | tar xzf -
cd libpcap-0.7.2
./configure
make
su root
make install

Note:  I did this before libpcap 0.8.1 was released,
but that should work as well.

After having done the above, in the simh directory, a
normal build including networking:

gmake USE_NETWORK=1

If this doesn't work for you, please supply details of
what didn't work.

Good Luck.

- Mark Pizzolato