[Simh] Re: OpenBSD and simh networking

Alan Frisbie frisbie at Flying-Disk.com
Tue Feb 24 16:39:22 EST 2004

> > I seem to remember a similar problem with RSX-11M when our
> > RQDX2 controller was replaced with the RQDX3.   The RQDX3
> > completed initialization so much faster that the driver was
> > not ready for it (I don't think it was interrupt related).
> > It required an updated driver that could handle the increased
> > speed.   Could this be a similar problem?

> Almost certainly.
> Is the documentation of the controller publically available?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

As I recall, the revised (RQDX3) driver was included with
RSX-11M v4.3, whereas v4.2 only supported the RQDX2.
Unfortunately, I don't recall what the changes were.

I suggest you post this issue to alt.sys.pdp11 and see if
anyone there can remember it.

Alan

--  Alan E. Frisbie               Frisbie at Flying-Disk.Com
--  Flying Disk Systems, Inc.
--  4759 Round Top Drive          323-256-2575
--  Los Angeles, CA 90065