[Simh] Compile Simh on Linux for VAX with USE_ADDR64

Aaron Walsh walsham at jmusa.com
Mon Aug 30 20:40:02 EDT 2004

First off, thanks to everyone who helped with my last question.  I have
made great progress, and now have run up against the 2GB drive maximum.
I need to define four drive's as each being 4 GB.  Using the RA81 and
user size option I was able to make them 1999MB.  when I tried to make
them bigger it failed to load.  I dug into it, and it seems that to have
disk drives larger then 2GB the options USE_ADDR64 must be used during
the make.  I tried this and I got the error:
make ***No rule to make target 'USE_ADDR64'. Stop

I tired the following attempts all giving me the same error

make VM_VAX USE_INT64 USE_ADDR64 USE_NETWORK_OPT=1
make USE_INT64 USE_ADDR64 USE_NETWORK_OPT=1
make  USE_ADDR64 USE_NETWORK_OPT=1

I am using simh version 3.2.2 on FedoraCore 1

Thanks,
Aaron

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com