[Simh] Unix V7; AOS; VMS SOB - AOS in particular

Merrony, Stephen (London) stephen_merrony at ml.com
Mon Aug 23 05:26:03 EDT 2004

Bob/Bruce,

Thanks for the info.

I'm disinclined to just give up on this AOS licence issue.  Is there
anything at all that I can do that might make some headway with EMC/DG
regarding the 16-bit software at least?  I can understand that the
32-bit stuff may be an issue as it appears that a few companies still
make money out of supporting it (on the other hand, freeing up the
software might actually help those companies...), but surely there can
be no commercial value left in the 16-bit software?

Unless of course those Clariion things are actually running AOS under
the covers!!

Regards,
        Steve