[Simh] Unix V7 for PDP11

SP spedraja at ono.com
Sun Aug 8 12:47:38 EDT 2004

Hello averybody. I'm spending some time in my vacations period with Unix V7 under the PDP11 simulator of SIMH. In appeareance there aren't SYS sources in the RL02 image disk, and I should need them to change some parameters of the system and compile the kernel. I could locate one Japanese place where the guy explains how to load the source code in the RL02 image using wget to catch the source code, tar to pack it, one perl script for the blocksize and then load inside SIMH over the RL02. Interesting at least (I must check it).

But I have one more urgent question. The Unix V7 image for PDP11 comes with tty, tty1 and tty2 terminals defined... but NOT in /etc/ttys. In fact, when you add these terminals to /etc/ttys and go multiuser with ctrl-d the system give a trap and stops. Someone knows how to put them to work ?  did some probes with VH and DZ with bad luck.

I suppose I could send this question to TUHS list but I prefer to ask first in this list cause of the platform used to do the probes.

Thanks and Greetings
Sergio