[Simh] Odd TK70 support

Robert G. Schaffrath robert at schaffrath.net
Sat Apr 17 22:09:07 EDT 2004

Having worked with the VAX simulator for almost two months, I became rather curious as to why setting TQ to TK50 created "MU" devices of type "TK50" but setting it to TK70 resulted in "MI" devices with a device type of "TF70".  Poking through the pdp11_tq.c source code I noticed that the media ID, as defined by TQ7_MED, is set to 0x6A68B046.  As a test, I changed the definition to 0x6D68B046 and now VMS running on my private vax.exe build reports "MU" devices of type "TK70".  Is the "6A" a typo in the source or is it a requirement for some other operating system?  One week of testing with VMS has not turned up any problems.
--
Robert G. Schaffrath
http://www.schaffrath.net